The new millennium has brought us a whole new world, one without limitations and boundaries. Many international clients reside or work in the United States who are not U.S. citizens, or individuals who are working outside the United States who are subject to U.S. taxation. Some clients may own or control foreign corporations which conduct business throughout the world.
Individuals face complex tax issues including:
- Taxation and withholding of foreign nationals working in the United States
- Taxation and withholding of foreign nationals investing in the United States
- Taxation of U. S. citizens living abroad or investing in foreign countries
- Taxation of U. S. shareholders who own controlled foreign corporations
- Transfers to or from a foreign trust
- Gifts received from a foreign source
- Foreign bank account reporting
Businesses face complex tax issues including:
- Choice of business entity and formation
- Transfer pricing and related party transactions
- Foreign tax credit issues
For new businesses, we will help you choice the most tax-advantaged business structure for conducting business in the U.S., file all applicable federal and state applications at one, low, comprehensive price.
For established or ongoing business operations, we will assist you in preparing all federal, state and local tax returns and represent you in any related tax controversies, audits, appeals protests or other potential problems that may develop.
For both individuals and business, we can review the applicability of tax treaties as they relate to your tax issues, and render advice regarding any tax issue or financial transaction with international aspects or implications.