State and Local Taxes (SALT)
Taxpayers face a variety of income, franchise, sales and use, property and other taxes to track, and countless numbers of returns to file. Credits and incentives can help control your tax expense, but only if you find them and integrate them into your tax plan. And, if yours is like most companies, you have to do it all with fewer resources than ever before.
State and local tax issues are complex and require a unique combination of knowledge, competencies and experience. We provide a full service platform to assist you with regards to state and local tax compliance, planning and representation.
Our tax services are provided to both:
- Florida companies doing business within and outside of Florida
- Non-Florida companies doing business in Florida
Persons and businesses wishing to engage in taxable activity are required to register with the Department to collect and/or report tax for:
- Sales and Use Tax
- Solid Waste Fees and Surcharge
- Unemployment Tax
- Communications Services Tax
- Documentary Stamp Tax
- Gross Receipts Tax on Electricity or Gas
Most information regarding Florida taxes can be found at the Florida Department of Revenue Website. New businesses wanting to do business in Florida can download the Florida Guide for Business Owners. Also available is a Start-up Kit for New Business Owners containing links to documents routinely distributed to new business registrants. These are just a few of a variety of information available to you. Once you have reviewed this information, contact our office for professional help.
Florida Tax Incentives
Of particular interest to businesses in Florida are the Florida Tax Incentives. Florida’s Enterprise Zone Program encourages economic growth and investment in distressed areas by offering tax advantages and incentives to businesses that are located in and/or invest in these areas.
The Governor’s Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development (OTTED) administers the program and Enterprise Florida helps market it to businesses. The Florida Department of Revenue processes completed and approved tax incentive applications and provides technical assistance relating to eligibility requirements.
Sales Tax Incentives include
- Building Materials Used in the Rehabilitation of Real Property Located in an Enterprise Zone
- Business Property Used in an Enterprise Zone
- Community Contribution Tax Credit for Donations
- Electrical Energy Used in an Enterprise Zone
- Enterprise Zone Jobs Credit Against Sales Tax
Corporate Income Tax Incentives include
- Enterprise Zone Jobs Credit Against Corporate Income Tax.
- Enterprise Zone Property Tax Credit
- Community Contribution Tax Credit